Terms & Conditions
The booking and cancellation policies stated here apply to all bookings. Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings to provide adequate protection against unforeseen circumstances and cancellation of travel.
COVID 19 UPDATE – FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY ongoing.
Due to the current uncertainty with travel, your credit card payment will not be processed until the day of arrival.
Where you are unable to travel due to forced travel restrictions or sickness related to Coronavirus, bookings will be cancelled without penalty.
This is an extra step we are taking to provide you with confidence to book during these uncertain times. If you can still offer us as much notice as possible in this instance, that would be much appreciated.
- We encourage you to book online with us direct for the best rate and instant confirmation. Or you can make a booking over the phone by calling us on 0438526933
- All prices shown are per cottage per night for 4 guests in AUD and inclusive of GST.
- All bookings require credit card details to secure the booking. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Amex. A 1.5% surcharge applies for all credit card transactions.
- A deposit equal to 50% of the tariff is required for peak period bookings, processed 30 days from arrival.
- The balance of the tariff is due on arrival day, and will be processed on the credit card provided at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed. To avoid credit card surcharge payments can also be paid via bank transfer.
- Bank transfer can also be made into the following account:
- Bank: Westpac BSB: 033 253 Acccount: 185040 Name: KDMacEnterprises PL T/as Swan Cove on Raymond Island.
- Please use your surname as the reference when paying by direct deposit, so we can apply the payment to your reservation.
- Bookings can only be confirmed 12 months in advance. Any bookings we receive with an arrival date greater than 12 months from reservation date shall be treated as enquiries, whereby we will contact you to confirm rates and availability.
- A minimum 2-night stay is required mid-week and weekends.
- A minimum 3-night stay applies on all long weekends, and during VIC school holiday periods.
- A minimum 7 night stay applies over Christmas/New Year until mid-January.
- Where a shorter gap between bookings arises, shorter stays are bookable, subject to availability.
- Overnight stays may be available during our low season (May-September), subject to a $50 surcharge. These are generally not available online, so please contact us to check.
Swan Cove Cottages are absolute waterfront and are fully self-contained.
All linen, bath towels and initial supply of amenities such as toilet paper, tea towels, dish cloths, dish soap, tea/coffee are provided.
Complimentary breakfast basket including house made sourdough is provided for your first morning.
Whilst our cottages are not serviced, you are welcome to request a mid-clean & linen change which will be charged at a rate of $65.
- “Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
- “Property” means Kirsten Mackintosh and Tony Beaman owners of ‘Swan Cove’ 390 Centre Rd, Raymond Island and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
- “Guests” means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
- “Visitor” means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
- During peak periods (Christmas, January, Easter and long weekends) a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required for a refund of deposit.
- Where cancellations are received within 14 days of arrival date (off peak) and 30 days of arrival (peak), deposits may be refunded if the accommodation can be re-let for the same period/tariff, at our discretion.
- An administration fee of $50 applies to all cancellations. – *Not applicable for bookings affected by Covid.
- Smoking is not permitted indoors in any of the accommodations.
- Any damage, breakages or theft of the accommodation is the guests’ responsibility and will need to be notified prior to departure. Repair or replacement costs may be required, at our discretion. Only the guests booked and paid for may stay in the accommodation overnight. Extra charges will apply for additional guests, or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Our team take great pride in preparing your accommodation with a great attention to detail. It is the guests’ responsibility on departure to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. A minimum extra cleaning charge of $50 will be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, removal of excessive rubbish, or if smoking has occurred indoors.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
- Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN – CHECK OUT
- Check-in time is from 2pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date. Early check-in and/or late check out is by prior arrangement only. Additional day-use charges may apply.
- Please note that the ferry stops at 11pm weeknights and midnight on Fri/Sat nights.
- Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as follows: If we are home when you arrive the door will be unlocked otherwise key will be under the doormat. Upon checkout leave the key in the door or under the mat.
- A deposit of 50% of your total accommodation stay (minimum), must be received within 7 days of the booking taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
- Payment in full must be received no later than 7 days prior to your arrival.
Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
We accept payment by the following methods:
- Direct deposit into our bank account or online via our website. Our bank details are set out below:
- Bank details: KDMacEnterprises P/L, Westpac bank BSB: 033 253 Account: 185040. Reference: Your name.
- Preferred booking is via our website online at www.swancove.com.au
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
- If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on 0438526933 or 0400963893 or email: [email protected]
- For off-peak bookings, you may cancel free of charge up until 14 days before arrival. You will be charged an admin fee of $50 if you cancel between 14 days – 7 days of your arrival date. If you cancel under 7 days you will be charged the cost of the first nights stay.
- For peak periods of Christmas, January & Easter or long weekends 50% deposit of your stay is due 30 days before your arrival. If you proceed to cancel under 30 days, your deposit may be refunded if the accommodation can be re-let for the same period/tariff, at our discretion.
- Amendments to all other bookings are subject to availability and approval and may incur a $50 processing fee. Failure to arrive on the reserved booking date, and cancellations after check-in, will result in no refund.
- Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
- Where you are unable to travel due to forced travel restrictions or sickness related to Coronavirus, please contact us. Full refunds will be applied or credit maybe held for a future booking.
6. SECURITY BOND
- Not required unless we are away and then Guests are required to pay a cash bond equivalent to one nights’ accommodation that will be refunded on the morning of departure. The length of the guests stay may vary the amount of cash deposit required.
- Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc.) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavor to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Parties and functions require prior approval at the time of Booking and special conditions will apply including extra charges, guests remain responsible for persons attending, no disturbance of neighbors, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behavior likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 10pm.
- Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
- We supply linen, pillows, blankets, donnas and towels, which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Further linen may be hired through Management. Beach towels are not included although we do have an assortment of older towels if required.
- Guest Pets are not allowed at the Property. Note: We have a kelpie called Casper.
11. WATER and TOILETS
- We rely on tank water and Bore water so we ask that you please not waste water unnecessarily.
- We are on a Septic system, so please do not flush any napkins, tampons or other such objects down the toilet.
12. FIREARMS and HUNTING are strictly prohibited on this property.
13. CLEANING of FISH is prohibited in the Cottages.
14. KAYAKS and BIKES are provided free for our guests and at your own risk.
- This area is very dry over Summer and we would appreciate every precaution be taken in not starting any fires. If you want to have a BBQ or fire pit please check with us regarding fire restrictions.
- We have lots of wildlife on our property and the island including snakes, so when walking please be aware.
17. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbors.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management’s discretion).
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Outside BBQ must be cleaned after use with special wipes provided in BBQ area.
- Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee, which will be deducted from the security bond.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Property.
18. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
- Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
- Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
- We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
IN THE CASE OF MEDICAL EMERGENCY: CALL 000 AND AMBULANCE WILL COME TO THE ISLAND OR IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE TO HOSPITAL CALL THE FERRYMAN 0418517959 AND THEY WILL MEET YOU AT THE FERRY LANDING AT ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT. NO CHARGE FOR OUT OF HOURS FERRY FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.
Please note* – ID checks may be necessary to confirm your booking and verify your payment details. Cancellation is at our sole discretion.